Monday, October 19, 2009

Counting Down

Yesterday was my commissioning at Prairie Baptist and next Sunday is my commissioning at First Baptist Bend. I will be in Bend for the rest of this week, getting my wisdom teeth pulled (ugh), visiting with my brother, my friends and of course connecting with my FBC family one last time. As time comes to an end for me here in the states and I try to get all the last minute details taken care of I find myself reflecting on God's timing and His provision.
In one month all the monthly and one time needs have been provided! This is truly an act of our great God! He is faithful to provide what we need, in His timing, not ours. He has reminded me and retaught me that it is He and He alone who takes care of His children. All that we have is a gift from Him.
Please pray for all the last minute details, all the goodbyes to be said and all the things I need to get when I arrive in Portland on the 30th.
Please pray for my time in France, language learning, good relationships with the Church members there and with the people I will be living with. Pray for Guinea and the people I will be working with.
"Now on the last day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, "If any man is thirsty, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, 'From his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.' " John 7:37-38
My prayer and hearts desire is for the Maninka to thirst for the Truth and to be filled with the living water of the Holy Spirit!
Until the last one hears,
Bethany

No comments: